Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Being Watched

written: June 17

Photo 78/1001

20180617_160439

I just can’t shake the feeling that I’m being watched…..
Guess I should stop reading the book on exorcisms. ::laughs::

Though seriously, the book I’m currently reading – An Exorcist Tells His Story by Gabriele Amorth? It sucks. It sucks so bad. But, on the flip side, I’ve learned a lot about the Catholic viewpoint on Christ, God, the Devil, and where humans fit into everything. Soooo, I guess that’s a plus? And man, this guy seems to think Witch Doctors are crazy plentiful, especially in Italy. ::chuckles:: Seriously, at this point, I’m just trying to power through it so I can finish the damn book. This will certainly NOT be a book that I will re-read anytime in the future. I dunno. I was expecting more talk about the actual exorcisms and less on the Catholic doctrine and theory behind Satan/devil/demons/etc.

Today is Father’s Day, historically a day I don’t do well with. At least this year, I wasn’t actively avoiding Facebook just so I wouldn’t have to see all the “yay for my dad being so fucking AMAZING” posts. I mean, they still irk me. It still stings that it’s something I won’t ever be able to claim for myself. But I could at least be happy for those with good relationships with their fathers. So I guess that’s progress? Maybe in another 20 years I can let go of all the anger/jealous and it can just be another day on the calendar and not one that rubs me the wrong way.

I’ve started a new Pinterest board (shocker) revolving around my possible Harpy costume for the Witches’ Ball in October. I’m not a super craft do-it-yourself-er, but I’m willing to try. It will be a crap ton cheaper to do it myself, but I worry how well my “skills” will translate over into the real world. ::chuckles:: Guess we’ll see how it goes. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment