Saturday, June 16, 2018

Crazy Friday

written: June 15th

Photo 76/1001

20180615_184348

Josey was fully ridged up and barking at this in the kitchen. Apparently, she’s not used to clean dishes being in the kitchen drainer. ::laughs:: Guess that says something about how often we hand-wash dishes here.

So yay! Day off of work because the Tech Job doesn’t work Fridays (currently). But of course, the smoke detector outside my bedroom decided to start its low battery chirping at 5 am. Thankfully, David got up and helped me out with it because I couldn’t figure it out for the life of me. So, to show my gratitude, I picked up two cakes from the Nothing Bundt Cake store – red velvet and confetti. Can’t wait to eat those! We half them so that we get to enjoy both flavors.

I accidentally skipped my past two doses of pain medication. I was planning on getting sushi today after I printed some stuff out at Kinkos. But the pain and nausea really kicked it into high gear. And I couldn’t bear the thought of throwing up good sushi, so I opted to come home, eat something really quick, take my pain pill, and head to bed instead. Napping didn’t quite work out, but enough to let the nausea subside, so I guess that’s a win.

The heating pad Mom bought me arrived today. I’ll have to test it out later, as it’s incredibly hot already. Yay Texas. Fuck, it’s only JUNE and already the heat is oppressive. I’m terrified of August for damn sure. Really wish we could have a basement. That’s where I would retreat to for damn sure all summer long.

Hell, I haven’t even done my New Moon ritual because it requires me to turn off the ceiling fan, or at least turn it way down, just so I can light some candles and the incense. Man, I should just set up a temporary altar downstairs whenever I need to do ritual and just do it down here. Because, up in my room, if that ceiling fan isn’t on top speed, after about 20 minutes, I have sweat rolling down my back. And I’m pretty sure having a heat stroke while using a ritual blade is beyond dangerous. ::chuckles::

No comments:

Post a Comment