Thursday, August 10, 2017

Wolves & Dreams

written: August 8th

Photo for today:

20170808_220556 

Every year, Wolf Park has a number of fun fundraisers that I take part in. Back for the 4th of July, it was Watermelons for the Wolves. Watermelons are given to their canine residents, stuffed with cheeses and meats, as a behavior enrichment activity. And if you donate $25, Monty Sloan (the resident photographer – how fucking cool is that job??) will send you a photo of the wolf/fox of your choice, enjoying their watermelons. This year, I chose Wolfgang. He’s one of the wolves I had the distinct pleasure meeting the last time I was up there – in 2007. Fuck man, I’ve got to get back up there.

David was talking about going to Wolf Park in 2019 instead of back to Vegas. We had initially planned to return to Vegas for our 10-year anniversary (holy crap, how have we been married this long already???). I also had vague dreams of having a hand-fasting ceremony done at the Sekhmet Temple, but like I said…super vague here.

Tomorrow is the first day of the Bear Heart Vision Quest. I plan to say prayers for the Vision Quest Seekers throughout the day for the next 5-days. My heart longs to be back out on that mountain, surrounded by acres and acres and ACRES of national forest. I remember everything about my Vision Quest perfectly, even though it’s been 11 years (maybe 12?) now since I was out on that mountain. And I’m re-affirming to myself that I WILL Quest next summer. This time, next year, I WILL be out on the New Mexico mountain. I WILL be seeking a Vision once more. Gods, I fucking need it so bad right now.

Don’t mind me. The moon is riding full in the sky. I’m feeling extra fang-y and furred up. I feel rather pent up, but there isn’t anything for me to go DO. ::shrugs::

I did finally clear off and clean off my “art table”…that sadly had just become a dumping ground for everything that I hadn’t put up yet. So much dust and dirt and all around crap. I tossed quite a bit. I have a few things I plan to donate to Nicky for her to sell for her Coven. And I have a number of little things I plan to put up on eBay. I’m not hurting for cash, but money would be nice to have. ::chuckles:: And besides, it’s really just collecting dust (literally) here.

I really need to sit down and figure out what my ideal ritual space would look like. And then I need to start taking concrete steps towards making that a reality. Hell, I need to hang my photos and the Lion Painting up. I don’t have a damn thing on my walls except for my calendar. I need to put some time and effort into making my room truly MY room. And given that I don’t share it with my husband, I don’t know why I’m dragging my feet on it. I can make it however I wish!

No comments:

Post a Comment