Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Backpacks & Exhaustion

written: July 31st

Photo for the day:

20170731_102446

“Some” backpacks, stuffed with school supplies that Sandy sent me and Ruben to pick up at one of the massive churches in the area and take to the high school. She made it sound like there wouldn’t be that many. Turns out, there are 1,351 stuffed backpacks and another hundred empty backpacks, and a massive box (talking 6 feet by 4 feet by 4 feet) FULL of assorted supplies. Yeah, that shit took all damn day to do. BUT, it’s an awesome “problem” to spend the day lugging these back and forth. They are for the “less fortunate” children in our school district to ensure they can begin the school year with the required supplies.

So I finished off the Red Fast Luck Oil that I’ve been babbling about since Friday. Holy fuck, it’s this BEAUTIFUL deep ruby red color. I need to look into the full range of magickal properties of Alkanet (herb) that gives the oil it’s stunning red color. Because, lemme tell you, Sekhmet has been practically purring about it this entire time. So I’m thinking of maybe making something with it to put on the altar for Her? Or maybe something that I can use as an offering to Her? Gotta put that on my Witch To Do List!

Speaking of that Witch To Do List – tomorrow is Lammas/Lughnasadh (holy crap, I spelled Lughnasadh correctly without having to look it up first! Woot!). I need to finalize what all I will be doing. I had planned to mix up some bread and let it rise in the refrigerator overnight…but I was so damn exhausted by the time I got home, I couldn’t even muster up the energy to feel BAD for not doing so. ::laughs:: Hopefully, tomorrow, I won’t be so worn out and I can get my loaf cooking on. I’ve already set up my altar and have my goals all printed out AND in one spot! Woohoo! That like never happens for me. ::laughs::

No comments:

Post a Comment