Saturday, August 19, 2017

Thankful FRIDAY

written: August 18th

Photo for the day:

20170818_090933 

Gifts from my Tech coworkers.

LastManStanding 

My team of coworkers this year, minus Ken (he had to be at the textbook warehouse to oversee all of that).

I am thankful…
1. For the Techs who did come lend a helping hand to get the iPads done in time (even with all the bitching and moaning and whining that went on during all of that).
2. That today is my last day at the Tech Job for the summer. Next week starts the after school program’s orientation week and the week after that school starts up.
3. Amazing gifts and brownies from my Tech Crew. And I’m glad we got a group photo too. I’ve been working with Sandy, Roni, and Jennifer for four years now and just adore them. I’ve been working with Ruben just this summer, but he seems to be very awesome and a good fit for the crew. I’m actually looking forward to working with this group again next summer!
4. That the dragonflies are back again AND we (Josey and I) got to meet the lady whose yard is dragonfly central. AND Josey did surprisingly well, meeting a new person. I guess the secret is to walk her 20 solid minutes and THEN let her meet a new person. I think she was too tired to do too much jumping up. ::laughs::
5. All the oils I mailed out made it to their destinations safely. I always worry about shipping things – that they’ll get lost or damaged. But, after the snafu of the auto-mailer not charging me enough to ship them (which means they came back to me, telling me I owed more to ship them), I’m glad they all arrived safe and sound.
6. That this paycheck was much better than the previous one. I won’t have to touch the money in savings this time around.
7. Worked on the class I will be giving at orientation. Given that it’s the same class I did last year, I just had to update the information and print out the necessary packets. After that, I goofed around for about an hour (on the clock) and helped out a few of the other supervisors before heading home for the day.
8. That after YEARS of begging and pleading and fighting and bitching…..we are finally NOT doing Caine’s Arcade at the after school program. Like I’ve written previously, the IDEA behind Caine’s Arcade is amazing and I LOVE it. But the reality of attempting to do that with SEVENTY children….it makes for the absolute WORST two weeks of the ENTIRE school year.
9. The possibility of a drastic change in direction on future employment – even though I won’t seriously consider the change until I’m done with my Master’s degree. But having three of the higher-ups in the Tech Department inquire if I was interested in working for them full time, or what it would take for me to work with them full time…it definitely has opened up a new employment avenue that I had never considered previously.
10. Kick ass storm that blew through this week. I just wish it had come through at a time I could have really enjoyed it instead of 4:30 am. ::chuckles::

No comments:

Post a Comment