Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Flying Death

written: August 21st

Photo for the day:


20170821

This flying, stinging creature of doom is a female Cicada Killer Wasp (Sphecius speciosus). These bitches get up to TWO INCHES IN LENGTH. And yes, bitches is right, because only females have stingers. Do you understand the level of terror a flying, stinging insect the size of my goddamn THUMB is to someone borderline allergic to wasps and bees is? And the fact that this bitch is carrying around a goddamn CICADA while FLYING??? I about had a damn stroke! ::laughs:: But luckily, the females are SUPER mellow. Males are aggressive, but don’t have a stinger. But holy crap, when she flew past my head, it sounded like a damn helicopter. ::shudders::

So yeah, Eclipse was today. I got to see part of it, so that was cool. Apparently, Texas will be in the totality path for a solar eclipse in 2024. So I’ll make a big deal out of that one. This one, honestly? I was pretty meh about. It was interesting to see the metaphysical community all abuzz about it…talking about all this amazing energy they felt. And I’m over here with a splitting migraine, upset stomach, and just completely exhausted. The Harpies did suggest a necklace for me to make from some gemstones to help balance the energies of the eclipses (both solar and lunar) and to protect me, since I don’t react well to that chaotic energy. I’ll be purchasing the supplies for that and making that necklace in the new few months.

Josey (the pup) must have known I wasn’t feeling well, as she allowed me to sleep for an hour and a half once I got home. And she’d been in the kennel all day, so for her to not be bouncing off the walls AND allowed me to sleep that long? Yeah, she had to know how crappy I was feeling. For all the stunts and bullheadedness she embodies, she really is a good pup at heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment