Monday, August 28, 2017

Knees & Perfumes

written:  August 27th

Photo for the day:

20170827_192412 

These little yellowish mushrooms have sprung up all over the neighborhood overnight. Thanks Hurricane Harvey!

I’m starting to suspect I’ve really screwed up my right knee, though I’m not sure HOW. But holy fuck, it’s hurt ALL DAMN WEEK. It catches when I try to straighten it out and it seriously feels like I’m tearing something when I do manage to straighten out. Most of the pain from that is centered directly under the knee cap. And then I have random shooting, red hot pain in the top of the knee cap area, where the knee joint joins the thigh bone. I’m too tired to look up all the technical terms. This pain has even woken me up twice this week because when I sleep on my side, I slightly bend my knees. When I roll over, I straighten my knees out and it seriously is burning pain in that damn knee. And the crazy thing? This is my GOOD knee. The other one I tore the meniscus about 7 years ago (I think?). And it’s usually the misbehaving knee.

Enough about the crazy ass old lady knee. I finally got around to making up some sample roller ball jars of the various scented oils I have to share with Hazel. I gave her samples of Muse, Goddess, Transition, Shield Maiden, and Lioness – all by Sage Goddess – and some of the Sekhmet Anointing Oil I purchased from the Sekhmet Temple in Nevada. Lioness was a total impulse buy, and I’m reminded now why I don’t impulse buy expensive scented oils without trying a sample of it FIRST. Lioness is NOTHING like I thought it would be. The gardenia note is just overpowering and nauseating in this perfume. And gardenia isn’t something that comes to mind when I think of the Lioness. But then again, I’ve been dedicated to Sekhmet since 1997, so maybe I’m a little biased when it comes to lionesses. But I just don’t understand why GARDENIA is used. It just smells like old woman to me. ::shakes her head:: I’m completely baffled. And pissed, because those scented oils by Sage Goddess AIN’T cheap. I’ll hop onto the Sage Goddess perfume swap group and see about swapping it for something different.

No comments:

Post a Comment