Sunday, August 13, 2017

Shutting Down

written: Aug 12th

Photo for the day:

20170812_222344 

I finally got around to getting a shot of the blue jay feathers Linda gave me, that I’ve been just over the moon about. Hmmm, now I got a flash of inspiration that maybe I should team some of these feathers up with the cracked quarts “moon” beads I picked up at Michael’s back on August 4th. Not sure how that’s all going to come together, but we’ll see.

I had to take a break from the internet for a few hours this evening. Apparently there was an “Alt-Right” protest in Charlottesville, Virginia surrounding the decision to remove a statue of General Robert E. Lee. And, let’s be fucking honest here – the Alt-Right is a group of Neo-Nazis, KKK, White Supremacists – They are Terrorists. Look at their behavior and change their skin color from white to brown, and EVERYONE would be jumping on board with calling them Terrorists. Change their religion from “Christianity” (put in quotation marks there because it’s the same brand of “Christianity” that the Westburro Baptist Cult – I flat out refuse to call this radical hate cult a church – espouses) to “Islam”, and you would have the entire nation up in arms about these new “Terrorists”. But because they are WHITE and “CHRISTIAN”-ish….not even fucking TRUMP will call them terrorists. ::shakes her head::

And then the fact that someone drove their car into the middle of the counter-protest group….. And I saw people saying something along the lines that protesters that block highways are just as bad. Um, fuck no. Protesters that block traffic and inconvenience you are NOT the same as MOWING DOWN PEOPLE WITH YOUR CAR. Blocking traffic is NOT the same as MURDER and VEHICULAR ASSAULT. And the fact that so many people don’t seem to understand that? I was so disgusted.

So I shut down Facebook and all of that jazz last night because my heart couldn’t handle it. I went outside with a cup of coffee and a cigarette (I haven’t smoked in a long time), and just watched this amazing storm roll in. And when the storm hit and I couldn’t be outside anymore, I turned on some Native American flute music and worked in my 10-year journal instead for the rest of the evening.
And then some of my friends seem to be going off the deep end, mentally, and are enjoying posting every crazy thing that flits through their unstable mind.

I’ve just hit my breaking point and I cannot deal with it right now. Hell, most of the time, even on a good day, I can barely deal with it. ::shakes her head::

No comments:

Post a Comment