Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Public Lammas Ritual

written: August 5th

Photo for the day:

20170805_195948 

Beautiful, nearly Full Moon rising. I wanted this other shot of the Moon between a pair of pine trees, except this asshole decided to park his truck in the way, so it looked like I was taking a picture of his truck. And he kept looking at me like I was being a jerk. ::sighs:: So I continued on, and got this shot instead. But next month! I’m gonna get that damn pine tree shot, asshole or no asshole. He can just piss up a rope for all I care.

So today, Hazel and I went to the CUUP’s public Lammas Ritual. Their group revolves around the hearth – the heart of the home. And so their Lammas ritual wasn’t much of an actual ritual. They are massive bakers for damn sure. There were probably 20 different bread-things and they had made this awesome Ritual Loaf. The loaf is kneaded by three members of the coven – a maiden, a mother, and a crone. It was shaped to look like a bushel of wheat.

The group is split, most being Norse based, which makes Hazel super happy. It was nice to see her flitting around, getting to know everyone. Me, as always, I’m far more reserved. The other part of the group is more based on Celtic. All in all, a super welcoming group….but. I dunno. A guy there really rubbed me the wrong way at the start. But then maybe he was just overly keen about making us feel welcome? I dunno. I am working on listening to my gut more, and my gut did not like him one bit at the beginning. After talking with him, he doesn’t seem that terrible. But. ::shakes her head:: But, that first impression doesn’t dissipate.

And of course, Hazel loves the Heathen group. Which, I have to admit, they seem to be really awesome. Especially the one who wants to start a “Gay, Viking, Cowboy motorcycle gang”. ::laughs:: With Texas become extremely lax in its weapon laws come September, it will be perfectly legal to open carry handguns (as long as they are registered and you have a permit) AND an axe, if one is so inclined. ::chuckles::

No comments:

Post a Comment