Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Lughnasadh: Part 1

Blessed Lammas/Lughnasadh! It’s the Sabbat of the First Harvest. Bread is traditionally baked, which thankfully, I did manage to get baked today.

Damn grabby ass dough. It fucked up my star.

20170801_191724 

But I at least knew better than to try for a full pentacle…that circle around the star would have completely mucked it up so bad.

Apparently today was an AMAZING day for feather gathering on our walk:

20170801_185728 

The large feather is a sharp-shinned hawk. Then starting from the top:
Woodpecker
Blue Jay
Blue Jay
Eastern Bluebird

I just wish Josey had behaved a bit better so the walk itself wasn’t so crappy. ::sighs:: I thought people were supposed to be terrified of pit bulls??? I wish the people in this area WERE terrified of pit bulls. Because they aren’t. And they aren’t even polite about it. ::sighs::

The bread turned out great. I decided to try some of the apricot jelly a student gave me. Imagine my surprise when it turned out to be so delicious! I used to hate apricots because my grandparents had an apricot tree that we had to pick for them. You know what likes apricots like you wouldn’t believe? YELLOW JACKETS and BEES. Hell to the no.

This apricot jelly is the first time I’ve had anything apricot since I was probably 10 years old. I’m sad I only have a tiny jar (though that jar will definitely be used in some spell work later on….it’s too cute to toss). I plan to pick up a jar to take to the Lammas Public Ritual Hazel and I will be attending on Saturday.

I will be doing my Lammas/Lughnasadh ritual tomorrow. Today was all about getting the damn bread baked! ::laughs::

No comments:

Post a Comment