Thursday, August 10, 2017

Accomplishments & Plans

written: August 9th

Photo for today:

20170809_110224 

Seems only fitting that the Black Shadows I worked on my very first summer at the Tech Job….I removed all the memory from them and they are getting recycled. That is a SHIT TON of laptops, lemme tell ya. Each one of those layers is comprised of 15 laptops. Yeah, you do the math. I ain’t gonna!

The following is what I HANDWROTE in my BaBuJo! Shocker! ::laughs:: And damn, I could tell I was out of practice handwriting journal entries, as I had to stop a number of times because my hand was cramping up. Granted, this summer has been BRUTAL on my hands, but damn! ::laughs::

With how busy this past week has been for me, I gave myself permission to not set up an altar for the Full Moon. And I gave myself permission to not feel any pressure to DO something for the Full Moon. Instead, I simply ENJOYED the Full Moon’s beauty. I greeted her as I always do (side note: add that to the Grimiore) and just took a moment or two to bask in her beauty and peace. And for me, right now, that is enough.

I need to remind myself of this when I get so caught up with what other witches are doing. I don’t need to cast magic every single Full Moon and New Moon and Sabbat and various planetary going-ons or meteor phenomena. I just don’t. And while I certainly do not hold anything against frequent-casting witches, I should stop judging myself for my infrequent casting. Neither Path nor Practice is better than the other. We each have to Walk our own Path and each Path is tailored to the individual witch. The only time a Path/Practice is incorrect is when it’s not right for that individual. My only real belief when it comes to spirituality is that you have to be authentic to your spirit and heart.

I’ve come to realize that I miss the daily ceremony I used to do to honor Artemis – She’s the deity who stepped forward to claim Holly (Old Lady Dog) when we had to put her down last year. For a year, I would light a stick of Harvest Moon Haven’s “Artemis” incense and say a short prayer to Artemis. And then I would put the incense stick in the ground beside the crape myrtle David planted in Holly’s memory. The incense was allowed to burn out. it was such a small, simple ritual but it had so much persona meaning. I would like to revamp it and do a similar thing for Sekhmet. I better load up on the Dragon’s Blood incense and the Kyphi incense (from Hearth Wisdom Store). Hell, may even try my hand at making some Kyphi incense. That could be fun trying my hand at making it over Thanksgiving Break. Plus, it gives me time to gather the required ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment