Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Totems, Cards, and Heat

written: August 20th

Photo for the day:

20170820_211215 

This is my oldest and most beloved Oracle/Tarot deck – The Medicine Cards by Jamie Sams. I got this deck in 1999, I believe, and I made it a point to bring it with me to college, and I’ve just always kept it with me since then. The book is pretty beat up looking and I’ve toyed with the idea of getting a newer set…but just can’t bring myself to release these just yet. They read beautifully for me and are pretty damn accurate. They were also my first real introduction into Totems and animal magick. I’ve since then, developed my own understanding of totems and their basic medicine/magick aspects, but this is a deck that I return to time and time again.

Today was a super low key Sunday. Hubs worked on guitar stuff for a while. I’m still feeling under the weather, but did manage to walk Josey. I really try not to miss a walk with her because she seriously needs it to burn off excess energy…and I’m weighing too much and thus need to get the walks in myself.

I tossed out my scale when we moved into the house, but I know my weight has gotten too high again. I can always feel that in my poor abused knees. And now my right hip is beginning to ache as well. For fuck sake, I’m just 35! I shouldn’t be feeling this damn old and tired already! So yeah, need to get my butt in gear on working out again.

I’m honestly toying with the idea of getting a scale again because it did motivate me somewhat – when I used it correctly. I just have to watch myself with the depression cloud descends – I was bad about weighing myself on those days and then mentally beating the shit out of myself over it.

I’m hoping once we get into September and October, with the temperatures no longer being in the triple digits, Josey and I can go for longer walks. I’d love to explore the neighborhood outside of just the 6 cul-de-sacs, but when the heat index is at 98 degrees at 7:30 pm….yeah, ya can’t be out in that too long. Thirty minutes is the pup’s limit.

No comments:

Post a Comment