Saturday, August 26, 2017

Roses & Rain

written: August 25th

Photo for today:

20170825_202829

These are some STUNNING roses I saw today. And if they weren’t friggin’ $20, I would have bought them for myself in a heartbeat. Honestly, now that I think about it more….I will probably go back and get them anyways. They are just GORGEOUS. And I’m not even a huge rose fan, to be honestly. But I REALLY like the gorgeous, unusual ones.

Today, we snagged our laptops and found out that the secondary laptop we are supposed to have….yeah, they aren’t quite ready just yet. ::shakes her head:: I am so NOT surprised. So we will be using paper rosters for the week as we slowly convert the parents over to the electronic system. Honestly, I’m glad, because it just seems like it’s going to be a MAJOR hassle for the first two weeks as we slowly convert over to the electronic system. But once we DO get everyone converted over and get most of the kinks worked out…it should prove to be a LOT easier. It’s just the growing pains to GET to that point are going to majorly suck.

Hurricane Harvey is making landfall later on tonight. Luckily, I live far enough north that at worst, we’ll get some rain. My brother and his family live down in Houston, and thus are in the path of Hurricane Harvey. They’ve elected to hunker down and wait the storm out. Mostly, they are just concerned about flooding. I’ve lit incense offerings to the Harpies to watch over and protect my brother, his family, and their belongings – the Harpies originally were storm spirits/goddesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment