Sunday, May 21, 2017

Tilt-a-World

The #CY365 photo prompt for today is “Sharp”:

alt text

Josey ADORES shredding boxes. I usually put a treat in them and close them up before giving it to her. It’s an extra incentive to have fun. Makes for a huge mess when she’s done, but seriously. If you could see the way this lil pit bull’s eyes dilate when she realizes she’s getting a BOX? And if you could see the happy wiggles and jumps it brings out in her, you would give her boxes as well. ::laughs::

The big announcement for today is that I’ve found the hair stylist to do my purple tips AND have scheduled my appointment. So I’ll be getting the full treatment (shampoo, trim, bleach, and then purple dye) on the 30th. That way I can be a rebel those last few days at work, but that work won’t have the necessary time to write me up for my non-compliance hair color.

I don’t know why this is such a big thing for me. I think it’s because of how crappy this entire school year has been. And, let’s face it, I ain’t getting any younger here. And I don’t see why the high school teachers can have a streak of non-natural color in their hair, but those of us working in the after school program can’t. That’s some serious bullshit.

And I don’t know. I’m just feeling really, really, REALLY caged right now. Like I am having to follow all these rules that I don’t necessarily agree with. And that I’m having to bend MY spirit in order to conform. And I’m just tired of conforming. I’m tired of playing nice and putting on a show and being as fucking fake as I have to be at times.

And all the storms that have been rolling in each night aren’t helping either. I can hear the Harpies out in the wind, playing, calling me to come join them. And in the day time, when the skies are clear, the neighbor Crow mob follows me and cackles and caws…mirroring the calls of the Harpies.

And my MoonTime is coming, so my energy all chaotic. Gotta switch from life GIVING energy to life DESTROYING energy…and that takes a bit to get the cyclone to spin in the opposite direction.

And my mental stability has been anything but stable. I’m not hitting dangerous waters yet, but the mania is on the rise – though, to be honest, I’d rather have the mania than the depression. I’ve been dealing with bouts of depression off and on for the past year or so with no trips into mania land. So I am worried that this make harken a bad mania trip.

The main thing that makes my mania so bad (other than the high desire for violence coupled with the superman complex – i.e. I want to fight everyone AND feel like I can take them all in a fight no problem), is the high desire to spend money. But I’m hoping that since I just dropped $2,200 on my Fall Semester AND will be spending around $100 on my purple hair, that I won’t require any other big expenditures. Needless to say, the credit card is being taken out of my wallet and removed from my PayPal account. And once I make my mortgage payment, cell phone payment, AND car insurance payment, anything else left in my checking account over $100 will be moved into savings. Even in full mania, I don’t touch my savings account because that’s the money I’m putting towards my polar bear trip. And it seriously breaks my HEART anytime I have to take money out of my savings, even for serious bills. ::chuckles:: So once it is in the account, it’s practically untouchable in my mind. And I know that doesn’t make a whole lot of sense, but it WORKS. So that’s all I care about! ::laughs::

No comments:

Post a Comment