Thursday, May 25, 2017

Irked

written: May 23rd

Photo for today:

alt text

A freshly shed cicada (though most Texans call them “locusts”). I spotted him while walking Josey (it is amazing how good my eyes are at picking out animals, big or small – this guy was a good 10 feet away when I spotted those green wings). The cicada was calming waiting for his wings to dry and harden so he could then fly away. I took the one photo and then left him alone. I figure all wild creatures have a rough life fighting for survival. They don’t need me adding more stress just because I want to watch them. ::chuckles::

So my supervisor has managed to irk me again. ::sighs:: Honestly, I don’t know why I allow it to irk me – it would appear it is just a part of her personality.

Ok, to explain the above comment – at my job (the after school program), we receive two evaluations – one before Winter Break and another before Summer Break. So Miss Boss Lady sends out a Sign Up Genius for us to be able to sign up for what day and time works best for us to come into the office and get our evaluations. This is world’s better than it was at the mid-way point, when she just emailed us a list of dates and times and we had to email her back and if that slot was taken, she would email that we couldn’t come at that time. It was mass chaos and so many fucking emails back and forth (because she always did a Reply All), so at least we didn’t have to go through that bull shit. So I signed up for tomorrow at 11 am. She replied back this morning that she forgot she was in a class (she’s being trained on how to train others on CPR and 1st Aid), could I come in at 11:30 am instead. I know it’s not a huge thing, but this is the shit she’s done ALL FUCKING YEAR. How the hell do you manage to have your Ph.D and be in your late 40s and still NOT know how to manage your time somewhat efficiently??? Like, how did you FORGET that you have a major class on one particular day? Like, REALLY? Really?

And I know it doesn’t seem like a big deal, but it’s been going on ALL GODDAMN YEAR. And given that I feel like I’m late if I’m only 5 minutes early (I prefer to be 15 minutes early), and she has consistently rolled in at LEAST 20 minutes late to everything. And some things, she’ll be DAYS late about. ::shakes her head:: It drives me completely up the wall. I just feel like that’s a huge insult…that by always being that late, that you are telling me you do not value my time at all. I swear to god, if she’s stupid late tomorrow to my meeting, I’m going to speak up. That is such utter crap. ::wanders off still grumbling::

No comments:

Post a Comment