Thursday, May 11, 2017

Devotion

written May 10th

Today’s #CY365 photo challenge prompt is “From Below”.
So enjoy a photo of Josey I took with my GOOD camera. She was at the base of the stairs, looking up at me at the top of the stairs.

alt text

My Mom called me earlier to ask if I had seen the moon rising yet. She’s out in the country, so she could see it just as it was beginning to rise, huge and red. I had to wait a bit longer for it to clear the trees in my neighborhood, so I saw it when it was orange and then bone white as it rose higher in the sky.

Tonight is the Full Flower Moon. I got my altar all set up but will do the ritual tomorrow.

I don’t know what’s going on, but I’m utterly exhausted this entire week. I think my body is just trying to recover from the insanity that was this semester in college. And now that the semester has ended, it no longer has to be on high alert. I can relax and my body is utterly worn out. Just three more weeks and the school year will be done for my after school program. Hopefully I will get that Friday (after the last day of school) OFF and get to rest and recoup before jumping into the Technology job.

And while we are on the subject of Hopes: I hope the Technology job is as smooth and uneventful as it was last year. Granted, last year was a clusterfuck because the Super Higher Ups had NO clue what the fuck was going on EVER….but it was steady work that took up the entire summer AND didn’t require a whole lot of brain power from me. ::chuckles:: Which is EXACTLY what I want for this summer.

I’m in a strange headspace…where I’m exhausted and just want to sleep, but am too wired/aggressive to actually sleep. Like, I want to make everything a fight. Like, I’m spoiling for a fight and am actively HUNTING a fight. ::shakes her head:: Wheee with the bipolar today.

Ok, so changing gears here. I’ve been watching WitchInTheBurbs on YouTube (I’m also subscribed to his mailing list) and the latest three videos he’s put up all touch on this “Goddess Immersion” idea. In his Coven, they do a goddess immersion for 30 days. For 30 days, you research a single goddess, you cook foods from that ethnic group (like Irish, Egyptian, African, etc), you read the myths surrounding/involving that deity, and research any rituals/cult behaviors pertaining to that deity. You would build an altar specifically for that deity and engage in daily devotionals.

And this concept really resonates with me. I could do this for Sekhmet. Another 30 days, I could do this for the Harpies. And so on and so forth as I work through each of the spirits/deities I work with and honor currently.

Unfortunately, the “SOS Inspiration for the Witch on the Left Hand Path” turned out to be a dud. Kimberly (the one who originally posted about it) got her copy and it seems to be just affirmations. Luckily, she told me that really quick and I was able to cancel my order of the book. Which completely bummed me out as I was looking forward to a new book. I’m still slowly treading through “A Witch Alone”, but WitchInTheBurbs mentioned “Devoted to You” by Judy Harrow, which talks all about the Goddess Immersion practice. So I snagged a copy of that for MUCH cheaper than the SOS book. So I have that to look forward to once it arrives. So the plan right now is to read through that book as soon as it arrives, and then come up with a time line on working through my various spirits/deities that are at the core of my Practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment