Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Blessed Beltane

Blessed Beltane!

alt text

Given that I’m only a DAY late, I am feeling pretty damn good about myself. ::chuckles::

Beltane is a “big” sabbat – one all about the sex and naked dancing around the bonfires. ::grins and winks:: Hopefully by next Beltane, we’ll have our fire pit installed at the house. ::grins VERY big::
But to be honest, Beltane isn’t one of my favorite sabbats. I mean, don’t get me wrong. I enjoy my sex. But given that the husband and I are quite out of shape and my knees are terrible (really should break down and get an orthopedic surgeon to look at them and advice treatment) plus with as stressed as our jobs and my school work keep us? Yeah, sex isn’t happening all that much. And certainly not like it was when we first go together. ::chuckles::

So for me, Beltane this time around was more about rekindling the passions for life. My passion for photography, for writing poetry. And yes, a request for a rekindling of the passion with my husband was made (that hopefully I can make good on this weekend).

Beltane was also a chance for me to reaffirm my love for myself. I’m trying something new this month – a dedicated “beauty” ritual each night. Maybe more of a health ritual? I dunno. I’m sticking with beauty. I have my candle from Ostara that smells wonderful, but since I’m rarely up in my room for long periods of time, I haven’t had a chance to really burn it down. So last night I thought, “Why not light the candle in my bathroom while I wash my face and brush my teeth?” As loathe as I am to admit it, self-care on this level has been severely lacking in the past month. So maybe this will get me back on track. Plus it gives me an excuse to burn an amazing smelling candle. ::chuckles::

Back to Beltane. I used the Dragon’s Blood incense from HEM. I specifically chose this one as opposed to the Dragon’s Blood incense I have from Harvest Moon Haven because the HEM one has this earthy, musky MALE undertone to it. Like damn good men’s cologne. Man, it revs my engine, which made it perfect for this sabbat.

alt text

Antlers with the Beltane candle from the Mystics Realm.

alt text

While I was not impressed with the packing and the shipping charge…I do feel that the packaging didn’t rise to the $6 charge they put on it, but the candle itself is wonderful.

And my post-ritual selfies:

alt text

With my spear in the background.

alt text

I tried Casting the Circle with the spear this time around. It was a challenge given the reach that the spear has, it was still nice to have her in my hands. I think I may continue using the spear for this purpose even with the challenge it presents. And I KNOW she’d be AMAZING to Cast a Circle outside when that time comes.

I also played “Walpurgisnacht” by Faun. I absolutely ADORE this song, even though it is in German. And the beat of the music was wonderful to dance to and close the Circle with. I will certainly look to incorporating more music into my rituals from here on out.

No comments:

Post a Comment