Monday, May 22, 2017

A Bit More Stable

Photo for today:

alt text

Photo of one of the postcards I received today through Postcrossing. This one’s from Germany. I seriously LOVE Postcrossing. I am so glad Deina told me about it. I’ve been hooked ever since.

So I broke down and busted out the fountain pens once again to use them in the Pen Pal Journal. So I figure I’ll just do that for a bit, and then mail it back to D.B. the first week of June and put in a note saying that I’m having to bow out of future rounds with the journal. I’m simply focusing on the words and that “standard” journaling. If I want to punch it up a notch and add in some doodles or some photos, I can do that. But it isn’t the center of my journaling for this particular journal swap.

Though, I must say, it is making me want to host another journal swap with my beloved journaling friends. Maybe I can reach out to a few that I’m thinking of, and see if they are up for a swap. Sharmila specifically comes to mind. She’s been rather quiet lately in the journaling group, and with her being overseas, it makes it a bit too expensive for her to tag along in the regular swaps. But we’ve swapped before, just her and I, and I would totally be down for that again if she is. I’ll mull it over a bit more and make a decision once I’m done with the Pen Pal one.

Well, lucky for me, the urge to spend money all willy-nilly has subsided. I guess paying bills and tuition and knowing that my hair experiment is going to be around $100 has satisfied that specific beast for now. I’ve decided that since I still have the candle from last year’s Litha, that I’ll use it this time around, instead of purchasing one. But I do want to get some Litha incense and possibly a Litha oil as well. Ever since I’ve started ordering stuff from Sage Goddess and she includes those scented oil samples, I’ve been hooked on them. As some point, I would love to get into making my own. But that’s a pricey hobby to have, so I’ll hold off for now. ::chuckles::

No comments:

Post a Comment