Monday, May 29, 2017

Shifting

written: May 28th

Photo for the day:

alt text

My adorable, sleepy, derpy-ass dog. ::laughs::

It’s been a relatively quiet Sunday. A quiet rain in the morning. Crows cackling at dusk. This life certainly may not be perfect, but damn, it’s good most of the time. And honestly, I like it. With its ups and downs and its whirlwind aspects…I still am content. And it’s days like this that remind me what the stress and the struggle is all for. It’s for this life, that is mine. Wholly mine.

Dreamt last night of my paternal grandfather – Gigi. He’s the Ukrainian, and he passed back in 2000, I think it was? But in my dream, we were all together….and we were all lycanthropes. Shifting back and forth between human and wolf, seamlessly. I remember him making eye contact with me, smiling, and nodding his head, that he was proud of me. I’m not sure what to make of the dream. In my waking life, I don’t have a lot of memories of Gigi. He (along with almost all of my dad’s side of the family) lived in Canada, and so, I didn’t see a whole lot of him. I don’t have strong feelings about him either way. Though, I do love dreaming of being a lycanthrope…or even full wolf. Those dreams, I am the happiest in.

I’ve been reading “A Witch Alone” and honestly, it’s gotten a lot better. ::laughs:: I just had to get past the whole “oh this will make your life so much better” fluffy part, but I’m glad I kept reading. I’m starting to enjoy it. ::chuckles:: On some topics, it departs from the “standard” Wiccan philosophy I’ve learned over the past two decades. So I’m curious to see what the rest of the book has in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment