Sunday, May 7, 2017

Jars and Lizards

Today’s #CY365 photo prompt is “Texture”:

alt text

Here’s a shot of Frank, the Texas Spiny Lizard who resides in the front yard.

Yeah, so I tried my hand at the “Galaxy Jar” painting project. I wanted to try it out before turning it loose on 68 elementary students. ::chuckles::

Galaxy Jar Pre-baked:

alt text

Galaxy Jar Post-baked with a candle:

alt text

So yeah, not too shabby. But I definitely will add more water to the Modge Podge to make it thinner and less opaque. And the students will be allowed to add in glitter (if I have it on campus. I forgot to check on that on Friday). If nothing else, I have the jars, the Modge Podge, AND the food coloring, so why not do it? Besides, it will keep the students occupied AND be something nice to show off to my boss (that will also ensure she remains OFF my back for the rest of the school year).

We were supposed to go to the big guitar show in Dallas today. Man, I was NOT feeling it. Not after finishing my semester and wanting nothing more than to be a lump all weekend (I do believe I have MORE than earned that right). And definitely not with my anxiety still riding high from yesterday.
Thankfully, as it got closer to when we were supposed to leave, and he started looking at the parking situation (it was definitely going to a challenge), my husband decided that he didn’t want to go. Man, that a major weight off my shoulders. I just really don’t think I could handle the crowds there.

So instead, I changed the sheets on my bed – using my favorite ones now, the green sheets (shocker, as I’m not a fan of green) that are made of bamboo. Just love those sheets.

And Lil Miss Leviathan has been fed. She’s gone blue. So I need to do a bit of spot cleaning in her tank and then set up the humid hide for her. It really makes a world of a difference in how well she sheds.

I also finally picked up the spray in hair color for the two students that want to pay their Viking Bucks to color my hair. So one day this week I will have bright green hair and another day I will have orange hair. ::chuckles:: And I’m planning to pick up some temporary hair color for myself once the school year is over. I will have my purple hair this summer. Or I may have a professional bleach the tips of my hair and then dye that lavender. With that, I would just cut off the lavender once the school year starts up in August. ::chuckles:: We’ll see how wild I’m feeling once that liberation is upon me.

No comments:

Post a Comment