Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Josey

written:  May 16th

Photo of the day:

alt text

So yeah, a year ago today, we brought home this adorable little speckled pit bull. It’s been an interesting year. I love her quirks, the way her tail and butt puff up when she’s excited. The way she tries to protect us from the DVD player. She mostly walks well on the leash now. She is still absurdly excited to see people, and she is still 100% convinced that they are destined to be best friends.

We are supposed to get some storms later on in the week. I am really fucking needing a good storm to flush out some of this aggression and spirit restlessness. Summer will soon be upon me and I hate that I don’t have anything FUN planned. I mean, I have my family reunion in June. But given how I’m the polar opposite of 90% of my family (meaning, 90% of my family fully endorse and support Trump…yeah, let that one settle in). So needless to say, I’m not exactly looking forward to hanging out with most of ‘em. ::chuckles:: It’s not like they are truly BAD people, but I have a really difficult time respecting people who feel like me as a non-Christian am not deserving of the same rights and privileges as they have. It’s hard for me to respect people who feel like me being a woman means I’m not deserving of the same rights and privileges that males have. And I have a very hard time respecting people touting “being good Christians” as a way to deny anyone different from them from having the same rights and privileges that they have enjoyed forever and a day. That’s not ok in my book.

And granted, I do have some warped morals and am very liberal on just about everything. But that level of hate, even if they deny it as hate (it’s HATE), just doesn’t fly in my book. You can hate individuals all you want. I’m 100% ok with that. But the blanket hate? Yeah, that’s no bueno in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment