Thursday, May 11, 2017

Dumbfounded

written: May 9th

Today’s #CY365 photo prompt is “In Your Face”:

alt text

Yeah, allergies are BAD currently, so this medicine is ALL UP IN MY FACE, trying to make it so I can breathe and so I won’t claw out my own eyes. I’m about ready to call my doctor up and beg for an allergy shot. And I HATE needles, so you know it’s bad if I’m ASKING to be jabbed.

We had a sub today, Sarah, whom I’ve worked with previous and really enjoy. And she shared some tales from other campuses she’s been at that just blow my mind. And it’s really shaken my belief in the after school program as a whole…and definitely my confidence in our leadership.

It’s easy to get caught up in my own little kingdom, as I refer to my campus. And because things are going pretty damn good in my kingdom and I don’t have a whole lot of contact with the other kingdoms, I just assume the other kingdoms are operating like my own. But apparently, things are horribly bad on some campuses. And ain’t shit being done to rectify this. And so, I’m sitting here a bit dumbfounded and astounded. And it makes me grateful for my little kingdom behaving so well these past 9 years. But I certainly can’t wait until I finish up my degree and can move on to a new chapter in my own life.

No comments:

Post a Comment