Saturday, May 20, 2017

Thankful Thursday #20

written: May 18th

Today’s photo:

alt text

The Alley Neighbor’s lilies.

I am thankful…
1. Alley Neighbor’s beautiful orange lilies are FINALLY starting to bloom. I seriously want to plant some of my own now.
2. Awesome wind storm that blew through. We didn’t get tornadoes (thank goodness) but we also didn’t get any rain, which made me sad. But damn the wind was something.
3. Making some realistic plans for Operation Purple Hair for this summer. ::chuckles:: I’m a HUGE dreamer, but not always the best on the follow through, so I’m really setting down the steps to get my purple hair. ::chuckles::
4. Receiving letters from my Swiss pen pal and my Arizona pen pal AND that I’ve actually written them both back and mailed those already! Woohoo! I’m actually on top of shit….for RIGHT now. ::laughs::
5. My copy of “Devoted To You” by Judy Harrow arrived today. Now I just need to finish reading “A Witch Alone” and then I can get started on this book. ::chuckles::
6. Only two more weeks left for the after school program. I am so, so, so READY for the summer break.
7. That I have the Tech Job again this summer. Hopefully I won’t have to work too closely with Tommy (the tech for my campus). He’s already stalkerish enough. I don’t want to do anything to rekindle that behavior in him. That and I don’t feel like being a complete and utter bitch to him…..yet. But we certainly are getting close to that threshold.
8. That the husband works this Sunday….which means I have the entire day 100% to myself. Now don’t get me wrong, I adore my husband. But a day that I can do whatever I want, whenever I want? Hells yeah, sign me up for that shit. I’m getting sushi (because the husband won’t be home to grumble about it)!! ::laughs::
9. Giving myself permission to say “No” to obligations I no longer want to engage in. I will be sending the pen pal journal back to its owner, without writing in it. I’ll include a note to him stating that I just don’t have the time to work in it and let that thing go. I have NO inclination to even read through it, to see what the others have been up to, and that’s a major sign that I could care less about it. ::laughs:: A Scorpio turning away the opportunity to read other people’s journal entries? Unheard of! Until now. ::laughs::
10. Having the time and the inclination to ponder various things. And that I have the internet at my fingertips to facilitate any information gathering I need on any subject my lil heart desires (or obsesses over). Kind of a double edged blade there, but for the most part, it’s a good thing. ::chuckles::

No comments:

Post a Comment