Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Summer Time Dreams

written: May 29th

Photo for today:

alt text

I call it “Hocus Pocus Chaos”. This is the part of my art table closest to my altar. And it seems to be the catch all for all things Pagan that aren’t ON the altar currently, or in the shelves below the altar. Needless to say, I need a MASSIVE clean out of both the shelves under the altar and the art table as well.

And honestly, I know I need to do a deep clean of my entire room and bathroom. Once the school year ends (Thursday), I should have some breathing room once again. During the summer, I work Monday – Thursday, so every weekend will be a three-day weekend for me. So HOPEFULLY, I should be able to accomplish some of these goals.

Which reminds me, I need to finalize my summer time goal list. I’m putting a lot of fun things, little things that I can do. I just need a bit of fun right about now. I need to destress and decompress and just relax this summer before diving back into another school year with my students AND my own studies as well.

And I really need to figure out if I will be trying to land one of the paid internships at the Smithsonian Institute of the American Indian or if I’ll simply volunteer at one of the local libraries. I have to do so many hours work at an actual library as part of my degree. Personally, I would LOVE to do 10 weeks up at the Smithsonian, but I’m not sure I can financially swing that just yet. So I need to sit down and hammer out what it would cost me to do that, because that would be an amazing dream come true.

So the dreamer in me screams for me to shoot for the moon here and see if I can get on at the Smithsonian, no matter what it costs, because the EXPERIENCE would be wicked awesome. And it would look so good on my resume. But the realistic in me worries that it will put me in a bind.

Hmm, if nothing else, I could at LEAST apply, right? If I get it, then I will work out the logistics. And if I don’t, then by all means, I get volunteer at a local library.

No comments:

Post a Comment