Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Sincere

written: February 19

Photo 325/1001

0325

Silly, Leviathan. She has TWO, very nice hides. But she ADORES the one made out of a plastic dog treat bin.

I have it in her tank from time to time, when she’s about to shed. I put a wet paper towel inside to make a humid hide to help with the shedding process. She rarely uses it when she’s going to shed. But after? Man, she LOVES it. ::shakes her head:: Maybe I should stop spending money on the expensive “natural” looking ones, and just re-purpose bins like this. It would save me quite a bit of money in the long run. And I’m sure I could figure out a way to paint them or add some stuff to them to make them look less like dog treat bins.

One of the local Pagan stores just posted a whole bunch of new classes that all sound super interested. Bone divination, candle dressing, tea leaf reading, etc. So it would seem that I will be spending my weekends at that store, attending the classes in March. They’re free so why not take advantage of them? And they’re classes I’ve been wanting to take, but never got around to it. Hopefully I can make it to these rounds of classes and won’t have to wait another damn year for them to roll back around.

Originally, I had planned to take a photo of the sympathy card that the whole Youth Team at the F. Library got me and personally signed. You want to talk about ugly crying on the drive home! I was just beyond touched by the caring words by so many people there. And here I was worried that they would be tired of me having to take days off due to migraines and to the death of my Grandmother. They were honestly shocked that I came back this week as my Grandmother’s funeral is this weekend. Jennifer even gave me a big hug after giving me the card and told me that if I needed anything, to just let her know. And man, it was so sincere. It was humbling to be honest.

Granted, my after school program hasn’t done anything for me on this level. But then again, I haven’t told them either. My staff on campus know, but my bosses don’t. And, honestly, I’m fine with it being that way. I didn’t want any “standard” so sorry for your loss line from them, because it wouldn’t have felt sincere. Very little from the higher ups at the after school program feels sincere any more – except when they are giving us the shaft. So yeah, I didn’t need any of their crap heaped on top of what I’m already dealing with. But the people at the F. Library? Man, I’ve only been there for a month, and that isn’t even full time. Half of them I’ve only worked with a day or two. And yet, they are some of the kindest, biggest hearted, genuine people I’ve come across. If, for no other reason than that, I would gladly work there, even with the commute and the toll road. Because they are truly amazing people.

No comments:

Post a Comment