Monday, February 25, 2019

Honoring

written: February 24

Photo 330/1001

0330 <

One of the beautiful peach colored roses that was in the flower arrangement for my Grandmother. I stopped by the cemetery on my way home today, specifically to get one of those roses. While I was there, I also dusted off my grandparents’ headstone and my great uncle’s headstone (he is right beside them) as they were a little dirty due to the burial yesterday.

I have the rose drying in my closet at the moment. Once it is completely dried, it will be placed on my altar for my grandmother.

I am still debating how I want to set up an ancestor altar for her. Yesterday I wrote down some notes on possibly making a shelf (written in my physical journal), but then I thought of doing a locket necklace instead? Like I could put her photo in the locket and then get charms for the other things I associate with my grandmother – like a pug, a turtle, a ruler, an apple, etc. I guess the main thing is, I don’t know if this will become a permanent altar/shrine for my Grandmother, or if it will be more of a temporary thing. So for now, I’m kind of putting the brakes on this whole thing. I’ll just set up part of my main altar to be just for my Grandmother until I figure it out.

All in all, it was a very good weekend. The service was beautiful. Having that much of the family all gathered together was awesome as well. The drive home was pleasant. And it was really good to BE home again as well.

I had a letter waiting for me from my Swiss pen pal (Lisa F.). Today was also the Virtual Write In for LetterMo, so I got quite a few letters written this evening that I’ll mail out tomorrow. I also mailed a postcard from the Hometown mail box, which gives me my 3rd different mail box challenge. If I had been thinking about it, I would have brought two postcards to mail, and would have mailed the 2nd one from the Tiny Country Town my grandmother was buried in – they have a tiny little post office there. I actually kind of want to mail myself a postcard from there, just to see if the postmark will say that Tiny Town’s name.

I really should just get myself a HUGE desk calendar to use at home. I have my planner and then I have printed out calendars to figure out when I will do my Practicum hours and I forget to check them both. I went ahead and emailed my Practicum Supervisor the days and times I wanted to work for the first two weeks of March. THEN I realized the ONE Sunday I wanted to work is the SAME Sunday that the Bone Divination class that I REALLY want to go to is being held. ::sighs:: I was tempted to email her immediately and say, “Ooops, can’t work that day”, but I’m not going to do that. Sucks that I’m going to miss the Bone Divination class, but I’ve already made that commitment with the F. Library. guess I’ll just have to wait until that class comes back around again.

No comments:

Post a Comment