Thursday, February 14, 2019

Valentine's Day

Photo 320/1001

0320

Cute pit bull Valentine’s Day card David gave me today. I gave him an otter one. ::chuckles::

All in all it was a very productive day. I got a couple of letters responded to and sent out some postcards for LetterMo. I still have a ton more to catch up on, but I’m slowly chipping away at that huge pile.

And I started working in Leida’s journal as well. AND I got Annie’s package (with a little surprise inside) all ready to be mailed out tomorrow.

Thank goodness this paycheck is a NICE one. I was about to have to dip into savings to cover bills. ::chuckles:: But I can cover all my bills, socked a good chunk into savings, and even backed a Kickstarter book. It’s the Creative Sojourn 2: Artists’ Journey to Wild China. They did one a few years back for a trip to Africa. Basically, you get a bound copy of a book created from their various sketch books and journals on the trip. There are 8 different artists going, so there’s an awesome mix of creativity in the book. I even went up a price tier because I wanted the book AND the enamel snow leopard pin. ::smiles::

Todd (a former after school student) stopped by and hung out today. He made these two stickers to put on my work laptop:

20190214_165756

David and I had a nice quiet evening at the house. We watched Mr. & Mrs. Smith – the perfect Valentine’s Day movie for us. ::chuckles::

Allie (former aide of mine) and I chatted for a while via FB Messenger. She received the awesome postcard I sent her and then was inquiring where to get stationary/postcards/cards on a budget because she wants to send them to her husband over in Iraq but doesn’t want to break the bank. Hopefully we can find a time to do lunch and catch up properly. If nothing else, she’s definitely invited to my Hey I Got my Damn Degree lunch at On the Border this summer when it happens. ::smiles::

Well I got the coloring sheets copied, cut, and sorted for the coloring books work is having us do. Which, I realized…we are having our kiddos decorate them to give to kids at the hospital undergoing chemo treatment….in the height of Flu, Strep, and Stomach Virus of Doom season. Like, can we say TERRIBLE FUCKING IDEA??? Yeah, let’s make all these coloring books for kids with compromised immune systems when my students are THE MOST LIKELY to have a dangerous cootie. ::shakes her head:: I will be spraying our books with Lysol after the students decorate the covers, just in case. These kids shouldn’t beat cancer just to catch the flu from my students and die because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment