Thursday, February 14, 2019

Doing Better

written:  February 13

Photo 319/1001

0319

Sleepy Josey in light and shadow.

I am doing world’s better today, mentally, with the whole grief process. Little things will catch me off guard and made me a bit sad. And holy crap, I have been seeing turtle imagery EVERYWHERE. My grandmother ALWAYS made it a point, if we saw a turtle crossing the road, we would turn around and help it get safely to the side it was headed. ALWAYS. Didn’t matter where we were going, if we were late or not. If there was a turtle on the road, we were stopping for it. I still do this to this day. Anytime and every time I see a turtle. And it always makes me think of her. Hence why I’m thinking of getting a turtle tattoo in her memory.

Ok, I seriously have to get to work in Leida’s journal. I’ve had it like a month now and haven’t done a single page! ::laughs:: Granted, I do have ideas about pages I want to do. And I’ve even printed some of my photos from the Falconry expo that I want to put in there. I just haven’t put pen to paper just yet. Mail out date is NEXT Friday, so I need to get to cracking. Which also reminds me, I need to send out Annie’s parcel with the Red Fast Luck Oil in it asap as well. AND the coffee mug I bought for a friend, but just haven’t gotten it packed up and mailed just yet. I’m running so behind, but it’s a completely justified behind, given EVERYTHING going on in my life right now.

I need to figure out what I’m going to say at my grandmother’s funeral. Which awesome story I will share. And I need to figure out how I’ll mark her passing my own way (aka, non-Christian). The funeral itself is going to be pretty informal. The family is doing most of the talking and reading of various Bible passages. We’ll do a lunch before and then the graveside service.

I hung up the hearts the staff and I wrote for the students today. They turned out so good and I’m so glad I decided to this for the kiddos. The kids had so much fun looking for their heart and reading what of us wrote about them. This is going in the Care & Feeding of the After School binder so hopefully it can become a tradition year after year. I even emailed Esmeralda (my supervisor) about it. I was kind of hoping she’d come out to the campus and see them, but she just asked me to take some pictures to send to her. ::shrugs:: Oh well, I didn’t do it for her. I’m thinking next week I will laminate them and have the staff help me cut them out before giving them to the students. I also want to write the after school program’s name and the year on the back of them before I give them to the kiddos. I have no idea if they will keep them or not, but at least the thought it there.

No comments:

Post a Comment