Friday, February 8, 2019

All over the damn place

written: February 07

Photo 313/1001

0313 <

My rosebush is starting to leaf out. I’m excited to see how many rounds she blooms this year. I plan to dry out a lot of the rose petals and send them out to my various Pagan pals to enjoy this year.

I’m feeling sooooo much better than I was at the beginning of the week. Most of The Crud is gone and I’m not as easily tired out either. That shit sucked so bad.

Today was Emily T.’s last day on campus. Honestly, I’m kind of relieved. I’m glad she’s going to another campus. She was quite the Negative Nancy. No clue when we will get someone to replace her, because…well, that’s how the program operates. ::shakes her head::

I received two postcards today from LetterMo people. I had to take a photo of Mimi’s postcard, because I’m totally entranced by her handwriting. It’s so soothing to look at:

20190207_192307

I have two letters and a postcard (through Postcrossing) set and ready to be mailed out tomorrow. I need to get to cracking on responding to some letters I have already. But first, I have to do my 2nd assignment for the Resource Management class.

I just emailed my Practicum supervisor my schedule for the last two weeks of February. I hope she approves it AND the fact that I want to see some of classes they are offering as well. I’ll end up missing two days of work, but as long as I get to go to the classes for a bit both nights, it will be worth it.

Today was so boring at the F. Library, to be honest. I weeded for an hour and then was on Train Duty for the next two hours. With the weather getting cold and windy, not many people came up to the library, so really, I only worked a good 45 minutes of those two hours. The rest was just hanging out, doing a whole lot of nothing. I guess I need to start carrying a small journal on me, so I can at least write during my down time. ::chuckles:: Some of the other librarians carry journals (Courtney even carries a fountain pen), so I think I’ll most likely start doing the same. It will give me an excuse to use one of the many journals I currently have. Doubt that I will carry one of my fountain pens though. I really do need to ink them up again and use them, but I wouldn’t use them at the library because I would be utterly heartbroken if I lost one.

I’ve finally started actually working on my Care And Feeding of My After School Program binder project. I’ve written down some notes and have begun typing them up and taking photos to aid in explaining what I’m talking about. There’s a good chance that Jess will be back for the fall semester, so it would be extra helpful for her, if I’m not there. And if neither of us are there, it may prove to be very beneficial to whomever takes over my campus. I’m also beginning to train Christina on ProCare (the system we use for attendance) and will slowly be turning the reins on that over to her as well.

I did end up buying some of the garnet chips I talked about. ::chuckles:: I ended up buying two ounces because the shipping was going to be the same regardless, so I might as well get two.

My red clover and star anise arrived today. So that’s the first step towards the Banishing Incense. I wasn’t aware that star anise smells like licorice, so chalk that up to something new I learned today.

No comments:

Post a Comment