Monday, February 25, 2019

Evening Shift

written: February 21

Photo 327/1001

0327

A teaser photo from one of the pages I did in Leida’s journal. Just waiting for the paint to dry so I can work on some more before it’s time to mail it out to Sharmila.

I did a long evening shift at the F. Library. But honestly, it went really well and really fast. I am tempted to take on a few more of these, spaced out over the month, just so I can knock more hours out and have to do less days. And less days means less toll fees, which is always a good thing in my book. ::chuckles::

I got to sit in on the Self-Publishing class with Adult Services today. I finally made it to the 4th floor! ::laughs:: And more and more, I want to work at the F. Library. One of the Librarians running the class has purple hair! Not completely purple, but purple highlights and the underneath part was dark purple. Just loved it. So it would seem that things like this would be ok at the F. Library – nose piercings, small tattoos, and non-natural hair color. And the people, seriously, are THE BEST people. The two Adult Services librarians I was with for an hour were just as excited to have me helping out as all the others I’ve come in contact with.

And honestly, the traffic was super light both going to the F. Library and coming back home at those hours. I wouldn’t mind working that shift or a similar one because of that – if I get a full time position, that is. I’ll work this shift again next week and I’m actually looking forward to it. I just need to remember to pack some sort of snack because by the time I got home, I was so hungry! ::chuckles::

No comments:

Post a Comment