Sunday, February 10, 2019

Play it by Ear

written: February 09

Photo 315/1001

0315

Mom sent us a Valentine’s treat box. David and I are enjoying the peanut butter balls and the card (and money). Josey got to enjoy the box immensely. It had been taped a lot so it put up a good fight against her and kept her entertained for quite some time.

I hate how whenever I need to see my doctor, it’s the weekend and the following week is a crazy booked solid week. ::sighs:: The Crud has mostly gone away…except that it’s turned into what I’m 90% sure is an ear infection. Sound coming into my left ear sounds like it’s going through a foot of cotton before it reaches me. It doesn’t hurt, thankfully, I just can’t hear out of it too well. I just need some antibiotics to knock the ear infection out. But it’s Saturday. And next week, I am at the F. Library Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings. I have a staff meeting Tuesday morning. And I work the after school program Monday through Friday. And my doctor always has crazy long wait times – like 45 minutes is a NORMAL wait time in her office. So if I could get in first thing Tuesday morning, I might be able to do it before I have to go to the staff meeting. Or if I can get in first thing Friday morning, I should be out in time to go to work. Should.

Or, as a friend suggested on Facebook, I just could go to a CareNow facility, as my insurance sort of covers it. And since no part of my “illness” can be classified as life-threatening, they shouldn’t jack the price way up (like when I had to go last year due to allergies and shortness of breath). It’s just that trust is a huge component of health care and I trust Dr. O completely. I have NO idea the quality of doctor I will get at the CareNow facility. And even though the two times I’ve gone previously, the doctors and the nurses were very good, it still worries me and makes me anxious. Guess I will just play this one by ear (ha! Get it?!?!). If I can last until Monday, then I’ll call Dr. O on the way to the F. Library and see what we can do. If it gets worse, then I’ll go to CareNow.

Making some headway on the Library Profile Paper due on Monday. Luckily the professor was kind enough to give us a detailed outline that she wants us to use for the paper. So it has all the necessary headers already in place, AND a detailed paragraph or two about what information is required under that header. Definitely makes the task of writing this damn thing a bit less daunting. I like ones that give clear directions instead of the ones too open-ended. If it is too open-ended, then I tend to flail around for a while until I figure out what direction I want to go with it. And from time to time, I have been known to take off in the wrong damn direction. ::chuckles::

No comments:

Post a Comment