Sunday, February 10, 2019

Slytherin Traits

written: February 08

Photo 314/1001

0314

A nice letter, article, and stamp my Mom sent me today.

I know, I’m supposed to saving money. But Kohl’s was having a major sale, so I got another work shirt and another cardigan, shipped to me, for less than what the work shirt originally cost. ::chuckles:: I got those two tops for $28. While the cardigan is black, the top is at least green and white (hurray Slytherin colors), so finally a non-charcoal, non-black, non-dark blue top for me. ::chuckles:: So yeah, I really couldn’t pass that up. I need the work clothes, as I can’t continue to wear the same three tops. Next paycheck, I’ll have to look into getting a few more pairs of work pants. Slowly but surely, I’m growing my “professional” wardrobe.

I finished up the other assignment left to do today for the Resource Management class. Definitely not my best work, but it’s only worth one measly point so I’m not really sweating it. Next assignment is worth 15, so I’ll put more effort into that. Which, shit. Apparently is due Monday. Thank goodness I had zero plans for the weekend AND David is working. Not sure how that slipped past me, as I even have it written down in my planner AND calendars (yes plural there). ::sighs:: Thank goodness I’m doing it over the F. Library and I spend so much time there!

I dunno. Part of me worries that maybe the crazy shrink was right, and I shouldn’t do this much work in one semester. And the other part of me wants to do it and prove her wrong. This same part wants to then send her a letter with my GPA and course load and tell her to go fuck herself for underestimating me. ::chuckles toothily:: Hopefully I can come to a happy medium, where I kick the shit out of this semester, but don’t have to send a snarky letter to her. We’ll just have to wait and see how far that pendulum swings on that one when the time arrives. ::grins and winks:: If nothing else, I can write the letter, and burn it. That way I have the personal satisfaction of writing it without actually sending to the intended party.

No comments:

Post a Comment