Saturday, February 16, 2019

Much Better Friday

written: February 15

Photo 321/1001

0321

Erin O. (pen pal) sent this Starbucks card to me to add to my collection. I have picked up a Texas one to send back to her – she also collects all things Starbucks. And I think I still have some “official” Starbucks stickers I pilfered from when I was working there – so I will be sure to send her a few of those as well.

All in all, today was a MUCH better day. I needed one of those this week. This week really has just been a kick in the teeth just about every step of the way.

My Kohl’s order came in, and the shirt and the cardigan are PERFECT. The shirt is a bit more green than I thought it was going to be, but it is a nice mix of green and gray – perfect Slytherin shirt if I ever saw one. ::chuckles:: But I am seriously looking forward to rocking that shirt.

And then my Sage Goddess order of the garnets came in and they perfectly fill up the jar I have them in. ::smiles:: So I’m rather pleased with that now. I also got a free gift – a piece of tumbled “temple stone”? It’s pretty, but I’ll need to read up on what SG says the metaphysical properties are on it as I’m not familiar with it at all.

At work, the kiddos were pretty dang awesome. We got Scotty McHotty as our sub today, which is always nice. Wish we could keep him. Behind the obvious eye candy treat, he’s friggin’ AWESOME at his job. He meshes in very well with all the kids and has no qualm working with anyone or being inside or outside with the kiddos. And he’s calm and mellow and doesn’t rile the kids up unnecessarily. Just all around a great guy.

I came home and made Caine’s sauce and waited for David to come home. As soon as he got home we headed out to grab dinner from 5 Guys Burgers. Don’t get me wrong, their fries are just fine plain, but with the homemade Caine’s sauce? It’s just AMAZING. It’s always a nice treat to enjoy a cheese dog and some fries.

And I get a three-day weekend! Woohoo for that! I plan to get some serious letter writing done. I’ve got about 10 letters I need to respond to. And I want to get started on the next assignment due for the Resource Management class so I’m not scrambling at the end again. It’s not due until March 1st, but I’m doing some serious hours at the F. Library the next two weeks plus I have the funeral next weekend. So that will cut into the time I have to get to work on the assignment. After not doing so stellar on the first paper (got an 80 so it isn’t like a bombed it or anything, I just know I can do better), I definitely want to do well on this second assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment