Sunday, February 10, 2019

labyrinthine musings

Photo 316/1001

0316

I call this one, “College Student: Still Life”. ::chuckles:: Hurray for Starbucks. And I had the great idea to write down all the sections and subsections for the Paper Of Doom and highlight the parts that I’m 100% done with. Yeah, got a bit more to go, but I’m about 50% done. I swear, I know more about the F. Library than I EVER wanted to. I think the only person who knows more about the F. Library at this point is the Library Director! ::laughs::

I even emailed my Practicum supervisor, inquiring where I can find the information I need for this paper, but haven’t had any luck on finding just yet. Hopefully, she’ll email me back tomorrow with that information. If not, since I will be at the library already (to do some more Practicum hours), hopefully I can ask the librarians there and they can help me out. I also plan to pick up a lot of their little pamphlets on various things they do at the library, to add them to the information stack required for this damn Paper Of Doom.

Ear is no better, no worse. So it looks like I’ll be calling Dr. O in the morning. Hopefully, she’ll just call in the prescription and I won’t have to do any major song or dance. I have my fingers crossed on that. And now I’m out of my Thyroid meds – I forgot the pharmacy closed early on Sundays. ::grumbles:: So I guess I’m skipping that med tomorrow morning. I should be able to pick up after work tomorrow evening. And missing one dose isn’t going to kill me. Besides, I will HOPEFULLY be picking up meds for my blasted ear as well.

David has taken on the Impossible Challenge of writing down all the movies we have on Vudu currently AND the DVDs/Blu-Rays we have in the binder books. He’s smart enough NOT to toss in writing down all the DVDs/Blu-Rays we have still in their respective cases. ::chuckles:: That would be insurmountable.

Let’s see, what else can I babble about as I wait for my potato to bake? I added 2 new friends on LetterMo. This brings my friends list to 48. I’ve written intro letters to the bulk of the new ones already. I just need to hit that respond pile as soon as I’m done with the Paper of Doom. And I should probably buy some more stamps, but that’s going to have to wait until pay day. I’m really strapping myself thin right now.

I know, I know. I have money in savings that I could certainly use. But I’ve really trained myself hard NOT to touch it. It really is for EMERGENCIES only – and my Polar Bear Trip. ::chuckles:: So, most of the time, it doesn’t even enter my mind that it’s available money. Which is a good thing, because I LOVE to spend money. ::laughs::

David and I were talking while running errands and I mentioned how I am tired of being poor. I told him how awesome it would be if I made as much as he did a year, instead of not even HALF of what he does. I would pay down credit card debt as fast as I could and then we could work on paying off the house. Ideally, I would like to keep the house a few years after we paid it off, and sock that extra money away into savings. After that, we could see where our jobs are based and if we would like to move closer to them. Living the dream here, I swear! ::laughs::

No comments:

Post a Comment