Sunday, October 7, 2018

The Sun

Photo 190/1001

0190

The Sun

I’m doing a bit better today mentally. I hate how up and down (mostly down) my mental health has been lately. I’m just grateful that I have a job and going to grad school, because right now? Working just a part-time job? That would be so incredibly dangerous for me. I NEED things right now to keep my mind occupied.

I’ve received a fair amount of comments about the shrink with the Jesus quote as her signature on her email account – calling it unethical. It’s not. Let me explain. Here in Texas, most of our health care providers are Church-backed, if not Christian-based as well. Throw a stone here in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, and you’ll hit a Presbyterian hospital or a Methodist hospital for sure. Hell, my gyno, whom I adore to the moon and back, has Bible verses up in the waiting room and in the exam rooms, plays Christian radio. The shrink that I had emailed and has the Jesus quote? Yeah, she works in a Christian-based therapy company. And given the proliferation of Church-backed medical providers, I really should have down my own due diligence and researched her a bit before emailing her.

No comments:

Post a Comment