Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Culling

Photo 186/1001

0186

Prompt: Candles

Yeah....I have a LOT. And this isn’t even all of them that I have. These are just ones for ritual work – does not include the scented candles I have sprinkled all over the house. ::chuckles:: Yeah, I may have an addiction.

All in all, a pretty decent work day. Barring any craziness, Zander’s last day will be November 8th. His mother turned in his withdrawal form, so it’s official. But, he’s still on probation until then, so if he does fuck up, he is out of the program. It’s just a matter of time before he has a major fuck up. I just hope it doesn’t end up injuring any of my other students in the process. Sadly, he’s just a ticking time bomb at this point.

The Organization Overview that, honestly, I half-assed my way through on Monday….I ended up getting 100% on it. ::chuckles:: The professor even wrote in the review of it, tips on how I could do a better job next time…but still gave me full credit? Whatever, I am NOT complaining. I will take that win and be deeply grateful. And I will not do the same on future assignments.

I culled a number of “friends” from FB today. Honestly, if they don’t add anything of value to my life, why the fuck should I bother to keep them around? More and more it just seems people are out to just be downright ugly right now. Or maybe I’m just tired of it all and am refusing to laugh it off like I used to. Either way, I’m cutting bitches out of my life right now. I do not have the mental endurance to weather through all their ugly crap for the few diamonds here and there. Hell, I don’t even LIKE diamonds, so why I am wading through miles and miles of shit for stones I don’t even like. Fuck that noise.

While I would love to just deactivate my account for a week or so, I have groups that I have to moderate all the same. Maybe instead, I should just unfollow everyone for a week. I kind of need to go radio silent for a while, but still be able to let people know I’m doing ok. We’ll see.

3 comments:

  1. I've stopped using Facebook too but need to keep it for work purposes. I've signed up to MeWe, which seems like a breath of fresh air in comparison. Now I just have to convince a few people to join up too so I have some posts to look at!

    - Wendy M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems to be a facebook clone - you still have a wall and there are groups etc, but their shtick is that your information isn't for sale. There's no data mining, no weird algorithms sorting your wall and no advertising that I've seen.

      I'm not sure how they're funded but their whole idea is that the users aren't for sale.

      Delete