Thursday, October 18, 2018

Nuts on the Counter

written: October 16

Photo 199/1001

0199

Yep, I totally took this photo and captioned it “I put my nuts on the counter” and sent it to my husband. ::chuckles::

Yeah, that also kind of sums up my entire day.
We had a staff meeting that of course had an “fun group activity”. ::shakes her head:: I get that they don’t want to have boring meetings, but holy fuck, can we please talk about legit shit? And if there isn’t legit shit to talk about, how about we have an optional hour that we could work on campus if so needed?

Like, the bosses offhandedly mention that we have to complete Compliance Training (discrimination, harassment, bullying, blood borne pathogens, allergies, etc.) by FRIDAY for all staff members. Ok, that Compliance Training takes about an hour to do, and we’re expected to do it during work hours. So you tell me when the fuck I’m going to have the TIME to get each one of my 4 aides AND MYSELF an hour to do this Compliance Training WHILE STILL RUNNING MY AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM????? BY FRIDAY!!!! And they’ve known about this since August, but they are just now saying something to us. ::shakes her head:: It’s shit like this that is driving me absolutely up the damn wall. Soooooo glad that we are doing the activity of standing on a huge piece of paper and trying to flip it from the pink side to the white side without stepping off of the paper (called “All on the Same Page”) and then just offhandedly mentioning, “Oh, yeah, so there’s this Compliance Training that you and all your staff have to do by Friday. Ok, bye, have a great day” (pretty much said in one breath and super rushed).

And THEN, on campus, today PTA was having their Science Night and Book fair evening. Which means at 5 pm, we had to move to the library because the cafeteria, gym, and all the classrooms were in use. And of course, on Tuesdays, Jess (my 2nd in command) leaves early for class at 4:30 pm. I was about ready to tear my hair out. But honestly, it ended up going pretty damn smoothly. For the last 45 minutes of work, I was hanging out by myself near the cafeteria so I could catch our program’s parents, have them sign their kiddos out, and I would walkie-talkie to the aides in the library which students to send down to me. I rather liked that set up, to be honest. ::chuckles:: The only way it could have been better is if I could have gotten some of the Compliance Training done. Honestly, I think I will focus on getting all of my aides done first. I will just stay on the clock after the program ends, if needs be, to get it all done. And management can just kiss my ass on that. That’s what they get for their fly-by-the-seat-of-their-fucking-pants that they’ve been doing for the past 3 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment