Saturday, October 20, 2018

Planning for the Future

written: October 19

Photo 202/1001

0202

Cute little spoon I bought off of eBay. It took its sweet time getting here from China, but given that I paid less than $2 total – I’m ok with the wait. It will be used for witchy things, so it needed to be small. I think this will work quite nicely. I can’t think of anything it would be used for in a more practical manner, as the “spoon” part doesn’t hold much. ::chuckles:: But given that I’ll be using it for herbs and bath salts, it doesn’t need to be big and bulky.

I made it through one of the most stressful weeks at work and now it’s over. Thank goodness. Book Fair is over and done with now. Now they just have to ship the big containers back to the warehouse, and my cafeteria will be all mine again. I swear, the older I get, the more territorial I get.

Since this will most likely be my final year here at this after school program, I have decided to put together a “Care and Feeding of Program” binder for the next Campus Leader that will take my place. No sense in reinventing the wheel if you don’t have to. I plan to write out all the various things and “tricks of the trade” I’ve learned in the 11 years I’ve been here that help my program run as smoothly as possible. And I plan to put in the various seasonal “traditions” we have as well, so hopefully the New Campus Leader will continue them all (like our tradition of coloring bats for October). I plan to write out our Reward Point System (and how the kiddos can earn extra points). Basically, a manual on how I run my campus, so that hopefully, it will streamline the transition for the New Campus Leader. Because, whomever gets my campus after me, I want them to be successful. And if this binder aids them in that, then I’m happy to put it together. ::smiles::

No comments:

Post a Comment