Sunday, October 28, 2018

Cool Cat

written: October 26

Photo 209/1001

0209

I swiped this pair of cat ears from a student and said I was a “Cool Cat” for Halloween. ::chuckles:: Though, seriously, now I’m thinking of getting myself a set of cat ears and doing that as a quick and easy Halloween costume. Not sure how costume-friendly my next job will be. Ha! I should write that down for any job interviews I do in the future, as I never know what to ask them when they say “Do you have any questions for us?”. Would make my application and interview stand out a bit if I was like “Yes. When Halloween rolls around, how costume friendly is this work environment? Do you encourage your staff to dress up? Is it ‘minor dressing up’ such as cat ears or a witch’s hat? Or do your employees go all out?” ::chuckles::

So I grew a set of balls and called my doctor. I have an appointment next Friday to discuss going on anti-depressants possibly. Honestly, she has the most complete medical record on me – including all the meds that haven’t worked for me and HOW they haven’t worked for me – so I feel a bit more confident in her abilities. Otherwise, I would be sifting through psychiatrists…AGAIN….so I can go over my medical history…AGAIN….and pay out the nose for all of that. ::shakes her head:: Naw, I don’t really want to do that all over again. I do still need to contact my original psychiatrist and get a list of the various medications we tried (and that failed). I’m not sure I have all of those on file with Dr. O. Though, I get the serious pleasure of telling them my last period was in MAY and that I had an ablation done in June. BLISS. ::chuckles:: Best damn procedure EVER. I just wish I had known about it when I got my tubes tied in 2010. I would have had it done at the same time, and not dealt with an extra EIGHT goddamn years of shitty periods.

Anyways, after making the appointment, I felt so damn good and proud of myself, I decided I needed to carve the JUMBO Pumpkin of DOOM. I am so pleased with how he turned out:

20181026_115347

AND I had this massive Witchy flash of insight. I usually put a piece of cardboard under the Jack-
o-Lantern – and I thought “Why not write an affirmation on that cardboard, and every time I light the candle inside, it would activate the affirmation”. And once the Halloween season is over, I could burn the cardboard with the affirmation to release it fully into the universe. And then BAM, it hit me! Why not make the candle inside the Jack-o-Lantern a SPELL CANDLE as well????

So boom, there I went, mini-ritual on the fly. I wrote four wishes on the candle and anointed each wish with a corresponding oil. So now, when I light the candle inside the Jack-o-Lantern, the wishes will be sent into the universe AND so will the affirmation. Like, why the fuck haven’t I been doing this all this time? Shit, I’ve been a Pagan for 22 years now, and I’m just now thinking of this? But then again, I haven’t heard of any other Witch/Pagan doing this, so I shared the info in my 2 Facebook Pagan groups and on my FB wall as well. While I won’t share the actual affirmation or the 4 wishes themselves, I am more than happy to share the IDEA/CONCEPT. I’m working on the whole 4 Powers (To Know, To Dare, To Will, and To Be Silent) – mostly on the whole To Be Silent. I’m keeping more of my witchery to myself now-a-days. I don’t mind sharing How-Tos, but my ACTUAL magick? Yeah, I’m keeping my mouth shut on that stuff. Like, I’ll tell you how to do a Wooden Match Spell, but I won’t tell you what I did MY Wooden Match Spell for. Make sense? Kind of does, at least to me. ::chuckles::

No comments:

Post a Comment