Sunday, October 14, 2018

10 Years

written: October 10

Photo 193/1001

0193

Yeah, today totally slipped away from me, so I ended up just snapping a quick photo of my calendar. Hell, I had even forgotten that today was my 10 anniversary of having a pre-cancerous/cancerous lesion removed from my cervix – that did NOT go according to plan and ended up being horrible. But, yay, cancer is gone!

So I finally figured out what I’ll base my 2nd story for my Storytelling class off of. The professor suggested urban legends so I figured that would be a fun/easy rabbit hole to fall down. And I’m shocked that I with as much as I love urban legends, and specifically ones about shapeshifters….that I had NEVER heard of La Lachuza – a shapeshifting witch who turns into an owl, but keeps her human face. Hello, Texas/Mexico version of the Harpies. And then come to find out, a Witch acquaintance in a group I’m in, did a video on Lachuza stories her grandmother had told her. So yes, I’ll be putting my own spin on her stories of the Lachuza. Whew! So glad to have that figured out. Because that video is due on SUNDAY. so yeah, just need to figure out WHAT story I will be telling, practice it a few times, and then record it and upload it.

I keep telling myself that I will not procrastinate. And then I procrastinate all week and have to rush it to get it all done. And I swear to myself that next week will be different…..and yet I procrastinate even more. ::laughs:: I’m just so ready for this semester to end….hell, I’m ready to just do the End of Program exam and be done with all of this.

Which I got to looking at my graduation application and all the details about my graduation regalia. I have to admit, I’m seriously contemplating not doing the big pomp and circumstance. I wouldn’t get a graduation ceremony in August when I actually get my degree…I would have to wait until December. And then, I have to buy my regalia – can’t rent it. Though that was one of the upsides…as my robe would be black with green paneling. Hello Slytherin robes! ::laughs:: But my biggest disappointment is that my tassel color is based off of what “college” I am getting my degree through – the College of Information and Library Science’s tassel color is LEMON YELLOW. Like really? Can’t I just have the standard black tassel?

No comments:

Post a Comment