Thursday, January 25, 2018

Well Crap

written:  January 22nd


Well crap.  Just realized that I missed my first “essay” posting in my Youth Lit class.  ::growls::  I typically skip one of those a semester….just not this EARLY in the semester!  ::laughs::  Well, used up the skip for that class, so now I have to make sure to do all the others.  I swear, I’m getting more and more scatter brained each semester.  I’ve got to get it together.  The Youth Lit class has a TON of reading – as I’ll be reading youth appropriate books – and a TON of writing between weekly discussion, book reviews, papers, blog posts, etc.

I’m so fucking done with Alexia.  I went into the gym where she and Maddie were supposed to be watching the kids.  I went in there to remind them of the meeting they have to go to this Saturday and I walk in and Alexia is on her mother fucking phone.  I wasn’t even civil about it because I walked halfway into the gym and had started talking when I startled her because she didn’t even know I had come into the gym.  So you can’t tell me she was watching the kids.  I just snapped at her to go put up her phone and hung out in the gym with Maddie until she got back.

So yeah, this will be her THIRD write-up for the exact same thing.  I emailed Esmeralda (my boss), asking for some support because I don’t see the behavior changing any time soon.  Esmeralda told me to do the write up and send it to her and then she’ll “review” it.  ::shakes her head::  It’s not like they are really going to do anything about it.  Best case scenario?  They move Alexia to a different campus.  The write-ups are a joke, and everyone knows it.  Hell, the running joke for the entire school district is that you have to be convicted of TWO felonies before they’ll consider firing you…because that first felony could have just been a poor choice and we want people to LEARN from their choices and give them a chance to turn it all around.  ::shakes her head::

It just continues to remind me WHY I’m doing all the insanity for this Master’s degree.  Though, I’m sure it’ll end up being one of those “the grass is always greener…”.  But at least I’ll be making double what I’m making now!  ::chuckles::

No comments:

Post a Comment