Thursday, January 11, 2018

Turkey Selfie!

written: January 10th

Mom just sent me photos from one of the game cameras we have at one of the feeders out on The Land (aka, the 99 acres she owns) and I jokingly tag her on Faceboook while sharing some of the photos and said she captured the first ever “Turkey Selfie”.

SY_00190 

::dies laughing:: Seriously looks like a selfie to me!

Also on the game camera – white tailed deer.

STC_0416 

Poor guy on the left only has one antler. Guess he isn’t getting any ladies this season – he can’t properly lock antlers with challenging males, so he’ll lose each time.

The unusual spotted hog we have out there.

STC_0467 

Typically, adult hogs are dark brown, almost back in color. But this boy (or girl, I haven’t seen a photo yet of this one that you can tell what sex it is) is BLONDE with big black spots. So unusual. My step-father even asked my mom to ask me, if he killed the hog, did I want the pelt. ::chuckles:: VERY kind of him, as it really is an unusual pig, but pig hides are greasy and the “fur” is nothing but bristles, so I kindly declined the offer.

And a group photo of a FRACTION of the hogs we have out there.

SY_00311 

Lots and lots and lots of babies. Which are cute. Until you look at the adults and realize, that’s what the fuck they grow up to become. Oh Gray Muzzle in the top center of the shot has brought up a number of litters. She’s a….proficient breeder, birther, and raiser of piglets into full-fledged adults. I wonder how many great grandchildren (and beyond) she can lay claim to? Female hogs can be sexually mature by 6 months old….so Gray Muzzle could have been a grandmother by the time she was 1.5 yrs old. And given that they can have up to 2 litters a year? ::shakes her head:: It’s easy to see how their numbers can be so out of control in a short period of time.



In other news, I called the psychiatrist today AND got an appointment. Sucks that I’m having to wait until the end of the month, but that’s the only time she had a “morning” appointment available – 11:30 am. ::laughs:: I could have gotten in sooner, but that would have required me to take off of work. Which I could do….but I try my hardest not to use those days. I only get 5 paid days, and most of the time, I need time off to do school work. ::chuckles:: That, and with Laina being gone, we’re already down a person, and we don’t always get subs to cover the position. I mean, anytime we are down TWO people, they find us a sub for sure…but I would rather just wait a little bit and not put any unnecessary stress on my team.

In the end, I ended up not calling my previous psychiatrist for the medication list. I figure, if the new psych decides we need to go that route, she can request that information from Dr. W. I realized I was using that as a stalling tactic, so I just bit the bullet and called Dr. K (new psych). Now I just need to figure out what traffic is gonna be like to get to her office on a weekday at 11:30 am. Hopefully it won’t be too terrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment