Friday, January 12, 2018

Thankful Thursday #2

written: January 11th

I am thankful…
1. I got an appointment with the new psychiatrist at the end of the month. I don’t think most will understand why this is such a huge deal – but I had to admit to myself that my depression was THAT bad; then I had to look for a new psychiatrist and I haven’t had good experiences with psychs in the past; THEN I had to get past my crazy anxiety about phone calls and call to make this appointment. That’s a lot of me, especially right now.
2. That even with all the crap spewed about A Million Little Pieces by James Frey – I am glad I read it ages ago because it gave me the best advice for my bad times – when I feel like I’m at the end of my rope, just tie a knot and hang on. And that’s what I’m doing. I’m hanging on.
3. Decent enough staff meeting today that mostly served to remind me, even on my bad days…apparently I’m doing worlds better as a campus leader than some of my “peers”. And it’s shown me areas that I can improve in as well.
4. Got to see some snow flurries while at work. That’s my favorite way to enjoy snow – from the comfort of a heated building and it doesn’t stick. ::smiles::
5. Am meeting up with Hazel tomorrow for coffee/tea and catch up time. I’m also giving her some of my “Hecate” scented oil (from Sage Goddess).
6. That while the chili I made was bland the first night, it’s since developed more flavor. I’ve even eaten the past few days and I’m NOT the best about eating leftovers. ::chuckles::
7. Rewatching Blue Bloods on Netflix with David.
8. That Josey has fully recovered from her allergic reaction to the groomer’s shampoo. David took her to the vet on Monday and she got a steroid shot to speed things along.
9. Chick-fil-a for dinner tonight. We are trying to cut back on our crappy food, which means cutting back on Chick-fil-a. Makes me sad…but being fat is killing my knees…so….yeah.
10. That more times than not, the neighborhood crows are welcoming the morning each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment