Friday, January 19, 2018

Kick Me While I'm Down

written: January 17th



Well, I didn’t crack a damn thing, whip or otherwise.  Alexia didn’t come to work.  She’s still sick.  And she’s waiting until the last minute to put in her absence, which means all the subs have already been deployed, so we’re just left holding the bag. 

And to make today even MORE awesome, my car refused to start.  ::sighs::  I’m 99% sure it’s a dead battery.  It’s been in the process of dying for about a month now, so it’s not like it’s a surprise or anything.  I was just hoping it would make it until February.  Luckily, David is still sick, so I was able to take his car to work.  So, hopefully we can jump start my car tomorrow morning, and then I can take it over to Firestone and get the battery switched out swiftly.

As much as I would LOVE not to take my car to Firestone…unfortunately, I just don’t have the money to be more choosy.  I have to use Firestone, because I have space on their credit card, so to Firestone I will go.  ::sighs::  One of these years, credit line will not dictate where I can and cannot take my car.  One of these years, I’ll have the financial capital to be able to choose where I do business.  But right now?  Yeah, beggars cannot be choosers.  ::sighs:: 

No comments:

Post a Comment