Thursday, January 11, 2018

Coffee Woes

written: January 9th


I came to a horrifying realization today…
I think my body may be having a negative reaction to coffee.  ::gasp::  I know.  It’s terrible.  Seems, once I have a cup of coffee, I get nauseous within 30 minutes of finishing it.  So, I’m cutting the coffee at home out.  I’m substituting a cup of hot chocolate instead.  Already, my level of nausea has been a lot lower today.  Guess the next step to eliminate the frappucino I get on the way to work (the ones in the glass bottles at the gas stations; not the frozen blended kind).

So sad that I’m having to phase coffee out…but feeling nauseous is one of the worst feelings in the world.  But, if cutting coffee out, gets rid of that feeling?  Then the coffee has got to go.

Motivation to do just about anything is seriously gone.  I took Josey for a decent walk and then tried to force myself onto the elliptical.  Stopped after two minutes.  ::sighs::  I tried to call the new psychiatrist today to just go ahead and set up an appointment, but I got the voicemail. And given that I was headed to work shortly, any call back they could give me, would have to go to voice mail….I just hung up.

I DID cook a big ole pot of turkey chili though!  So I’m proud of myself on that front.  Chili was a little bland, so I think the next time I make it, I’ll put a dash of the cayenne pepper in it to give it the tiniest bit of heat.  David likes spicy things even less than I do, and they tend to give him a case of the hiccups as well.  ::laughs::  We’re so friggin’ white sometimes.  ::shakes her head::

I have started reading Tending Brigid’s Flame by Lunaea Weatherstone while I was waiting for the chili to cook.  I haven’t gotten too far into it, but it seems like a well written book.  And I hear it’s one of The Best ™ books on Brigid.

No comments:

Post a Comment