Saturday, January 6, 2018

Lucky Me

Lots of good stuff for today – to hopefully off-set the crapshoot that yesterday was.

My rough black sapphire arrived today from Sage Goddess.

20180106_125009 

A rather pretty stone to be honest.

20180106_125015 

Reminds me of labradorite…but not as weighty as labradorite.

20180106_125020 

This is for the Harpies. Which I really need to get around to sketching out the idea of the Bangle/Bauble Branch I’m planning for them. Think beaded windchime with various bits and baubles and ribbons and bones for them. ::smiles:: If it turns out HALF as good in person as I’m picturing it in my head, it’s gonna be awesome.

Next up, while walking Josey today, I found ANOTHER blue jay feather.

20180106_175246 

This brings this year’s count up to seven thus far.

But, awesome of the most Highest Order – look at what else I found:

20180106_175329 

That is a Kershaw 1990 blade.

20180106_175319 

Just chillin’ on the sidewalk.

20180106_175300 

So I’m taking this as a sign that the Universe wants me to keep on fighting the good fight. I am taking it as a sign that I’m on the right track with looking into a psychiatrist. I found one that I think might be a good one. Most psychiatrists in the area have maybe 4 reviews – 1 good one and 3 AWFUL ones (IF they even have the one good one). But this lady? She has 14 reviews, ALL positive. And she’s roughly the same distance from my house as my previous psychiatrist, so it’s not like I’m having to go way out of my way to see her. And she does counseling as well…not just medication management. And it seems that the bulk of her patients are Bipolar, so that’s another feather in her cap.

The plan right now is to get a hold of my previous psychiatrist on Monday (hopefully) and get a list of medications we tried out and what my response to them were. Once I have that in hand, then I will call the new psychiatrist and hope that she is accepting new patients and that she can fit me in relatively soon-ish. I figure I’ll just pull money out of savings to cover the office visit fee instead of waiting for payday (not until the 15th). If she does put me on medication, the sooner I can start that the better. Psychiatric drugs take time to build up in the system, and I need to get through the onset side effects as swiftly as possible. I’ll just make note to put the money back as soon as my paycheck hits. Honestly, that’s what the savings account is there for – a safety net.

I haven’t told David any of this yet. He’s not a big fan of me being on medication because he’s seen firsthand the havoc it wreaks on me. BUT, he does want me to be happy. And I’m not currently. I figure I’ll do that once I actually HAVE an appointment. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment