Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Okapis

Ack! I totally forgot that January is a National Journal Writing Month.

I dunno. I’m just wanting to say “Fuck it” to sooooo many things right now. I’m sleepy, worn down, and just all around grumpy. ::chuckles::

I did get on the elliptical today – just 10 minutes, but it’s been MONTHS since I’ve done anything, so I wanted to keep it light so I can do it daily (or at least every other day).

And because it was WARMER today AND the sun was out – I took Josey pup for a walk. Holy crap, we both needed that so badly. I even found two blue jay feathers!

20180103_151054 

I am starting to gather the addresses I’ll be writing to for the Letter Month Challenge. I’m rather excited about that again. That starts up in February and I would like to be a bit more organized about it than I have been in previous years. And besides, it gives me an excuse to create another tracker for use in my Bastardized Bullet Journal – and who doesn’t love that? ::grins and winks:: I’m wanting to get some Chinese New Year postcards to mail out as well. I know, wasn’t I just bitching about how I’m supposed to be SAVING money? ::chuckles:: I just need to win the damn lottery so I don’t have to worry about finances any more. That would be amazing.

AND I signed up for a Witch pen pal group. We’ll see if anything of those pan out.

Damn it, Sage Goddess – I am trying to curb my spending. But oh no, she had to put out a Wolf scented oil….so of course I bought it. Luckily she has a coupon going right now, so I was able to take 18% off. So at least I wasn’t paying full price.

I did finally get around to reading the e-book Kimberly sent me: Jackal At the Shaman’s Gate: A Study of Anubis Lord of Ro-Setawe by Terence DuQuesne. You can’t get it in print these days (unless you are willing to shell out hundreds, if not THOUSANDS, of dollars)….and holy hell, I would have been so incredibly pissed off if I had paid a dime for this “article”. Because, let me tell you, this was no BOOK. It certainly did give me some food for thought and a list of other books to look into…but half of this “book” was just a list of other books/articles/papers that have SOMETHING to do with Anubis. So yes, interesting for sure…but a major let down all the same.

Let’s see, what else can I blab about? I’m trying to keep my brain occupied so it will stop dwelling in depression mode. That shit SUCKS. It’s not even depressed over any particular thing…just BLAH over all. ::grumbles:: I’m thinking Friday, I’m gonna take my punk ass to the zoo again. Hell, maybe even change it up a bit and go to the Dallas Zoo instead of the Fort Worth one? Meh, I’ll probably stick with the Fort Worth one because I know how to get there like the back of my hand…and I’m not in any mood to deal with Dallas morning traffic in an unknown area. I should make it a point one weekend to hit the Dallas zoo just to change things up a bit. That, and the Dallas Zoo has Okapis! And who doesn’t like Okapis???

No comments:

Post a Comment