Sunday, April 2, 2017

Ramblings

written: April 1st

Photo of the day:

alt text

The hubs and Josey “cuddling” in his lazy boy. It typically only lasts a few minutes, but holy crap, aren’t they adorable?!?! ::laughs::

Today is Lil Niece’s FIRST birthday! As much as I would have loved to have been there, school work is just killing me. ::sighs:: Like I really want to “draft a memo to an imaginary library director regarding the condition of collections in a library, arguing for environmental improvements to increase the life span of collections” – Preservation class. ::grumbles:: And for the Management class, I have to write about Budget Hearings. Oh goody. ::rolls her eyes:: Tell me again why the hell I signed up for this?

So today is April Fool’s Day. You know, I have never really been a fan of April Fool’s Day. I already have trust issues and a day that is all about tricking people, ridiculing them, and/or pulling pranks has ZERO appeal to me. At least with Halloween, you get to dress up and get candy! ::chuckles::

In other news, another storm blew through (makes THREE major storms this WEEK) around 1 am. I was up, reading in The Modern Witchcraft Grimoire by Skye Alexander (I haven’t read in this book in quite some time, sadly, because life has been so damn crazy here recently). And I was struck by the thought “I’m here, curled up in my warm bed, listening to the rain, reading upon Witchcraft. Life is AMAZING!” ::laughs:: But it’s very true for me. I am the most content, curled up in my bed, listening to a storm rage outside while I’m inside, reading. It doesn’t have to be books on Witchcraft either. Just something that I find interesting. ::smiles::

I actually WON the Workday Hustle with my FitBit buddies. Which has NEVER occurred because Jen and Nona are walking BEASTS. But this past week, I have made it a point to take Josey on a walk through our little neighborhood, even on days that I could justify to myself all sorts of reasons (excuses) not to walk her…or at least not to walk the full distance…but for whatever reason, those excuses fell away and we just went for a nice walk all the same. I plan to continue doing these walks because both of us, Josey and myself, as often as we can until it gets too damn hot (damn summers in Texas). At that point, I think I will test out doing our walks in the evening. It’s still light out when I get home, so that shouldn’t be an issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment