Sunday, April 16, 2017

Good Books

Photo of the day:

alt text

A good book and good notes.
This is the book that I just finished up reading. I haven’t read a decent Paganism/Witchcraft book in a while. It was suggested by a YouTube Pagan I’m following and I thought, “What the hell? Why not pick it up and thumb through it?”

And I will fully admit that I was not expecting a whole lot out of this book, but damn, I was rather impressed. I’ve been a Pagan for 20+ years now. But this book crystallized ideas and thoughts that have been floating around in the ether for this entire time, that I just couldn’t nail down quite yet. I love that. I love when something finally solidifies that has been like smoke for decades.

I will be sending this book along to a friend down in Australia – Andrea S. She has asked me a few times now for a list of beginner Pagan books, websites, etc. I just haven’t slowed down long enough to create such a list and get it to her. I really do need to start working on that.

But where do I begin? Do I give her books that I started out reading? Ones that hold zero meaning for me now and have very little to do, if anything, with my current Practice? Maybe I should…after all, those did lay the foundation for what my Practice is today. I’ve just got to spend some time, combing over all journal entries and see if I can come up with those books once again. Though, I will steer her clear of Silver RavenWolf. ::chuckles:: As much fun as she was to read as a high schooler in the ‘90s, her information is rather questionable now, and super fluffy. ::chuckles:: I think I’ll start out with books by Scott Cunningham and Raymond Buckland. Those are the ones I started out with, along with The Witches’ Bible by Stewart & Janet Farrar. Those are all good, solid witchcraft/Wicca starter books.

I also need to put together a list of Etsy shops I purchase items from that are fairly priced and have quality items. Andrea is wanting to try some of those out, but is leery because of the shipping charges and the fear of the items being damaged en route to her. All valid concerns. So I told her I would get a list of shops that I recommend. And if she is looking for a specific item, I would be happy to hunt it up for her and give her that information as well.

Hopefully I can tackle that once the semester is over. Just counting down the days now….just 14 days left in this semester. I can make it…hopefully without killing anyone in the meantime. ::cackles::
I also need to drop an email to Sandy in the Tech Department and inquire about working for them in the summer again. I’m ready to cinch up a few of these straggling ends that are dancing around. Once I get those tamped down, I can breathe again and get settled once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment