Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Orange Butted Spider

written: April 25th

Today’s photo:

alt text

A cute little red-orange-butted spider. ::chuckles:: Turns out it is a “Tiger Striped Mimic Ant Spider” (Castianeira amoena). It is meant to mimic the velvet ant, which is better known as the “cow killer”. ::chuckles:: Man, people love their dramatic names for things.

I spent most of this morning researching Beltane, trying to find a way that it could be meaningful to me. I think I have found my avenue into this particular Sabbat, a nice mixture of traditional meaning with my own spin. And I have come across some decorating ideas for the ritual that I really want to try out. I have got the ideas roughly hashed out in my BaBuJo (Bastardized Bullet Journal). I will spend the rest of the week fleshing out how I want my ritual to go down. And I will be sure to spend the end of the ritual writing down my notes on how the ritual went BEFORE I close the Circle. So I will see if that works better for me to actually document what I am doing.

On the college front. I need to start working on my final project for the Management Class. It’s three parts. Part one is “a statement of your philosophy of financial and human resource management”. Part two is “a set of job descriptions (at least three) for positions in your ideal organization” – my ideal organization for the purpose of this class is the Vatican Library, so that should prove interesting. And Part three is “a budget in Microsoft Excel that appropriately makes use of formulas”. It’s all due by May 5th. And all that is left for the Preservation class is the Terminology Final Quiz which will test my understanding of the concepts and terminology covered throughout the semester. I’m not overly worried about either one. I just need to get started on this stuff NOW so I can finish this semester strong. I want to pull another 4.0 this semester (like I did last semester), so if I start working on it in increments, I should be able to do that without burning myself completely out.

Going into the final project, I have a 93.3 in Preservations and a 92 in the Management class. So as long as I make As on the two final grades for each class, I should be good to go. Just got to keep my eye on the prize and keep striving towards the end goal. The end is in sight. I just have to buckle down and soldier on to the finish line.

And then I get to sleep and rest and relax and not think of ANYTHING to do with school work until the Fall. ::chuckles:: Gods, I cannot wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment